Here’s a story that all those hunters who objected to my prior posts about hunting will never understand. From what they’ve had to say, rather than going in to save their pets, they probably would stand outside and shoot them when they tried to escape.
From the Associated Press today as carried by the Union Leader —
Fire officials say a 52-year-old Lempster woman who tried to extinguish a fire in her home and then rescue pets has died of injuries suffered in the fire.
State and local officials say Kendall A. Wright died Sunday at the burn unit of the Massachusetts General Hospital where she was taken by helicopter after the fire, which was reported at 6:37 p.m. Saturday.
Investigators say preliminary indications are that a candle in the living room set a couch on fire.
The fire heavily damaged the single family home.
New Hampshire Fire Marshal J. William Degnan says lighted candles should never be placed where they can be knocked over by children, pets, or anyone else.