With Obama’s numbers tanking in Pennsylvania by 20 points and average American voters getting more and more turned off, we might have to force the issue at the Democratic convention.
This is what Hillary had to say:
“You know, the Democratic Party, to be very blunt about it, has been viewed as a party that didn’t understand and respect the values and the way of life of so many of our fellow Americans,” Clinton said. “We had two very good men and men of faith run for president in 2000 and 2004. But large segments of the electorate concluded that they did not really understand or relate to or frankly respect their ways of life.”
The same thing can happen in 2008. We risk losing another presidency if Barack Obama is our candidate. CBS News reported today that Hillary has been “playing nice” and not publicly expressing her real fear: Obama is not electable. Many people agree but are afraid to speak out for fear of being labeled racist or falling out of favor with a campaign they think will soon have the power to make or break their political careers.
Many of the people who voted for Obama have been sold a pig in a poke. If they could, many would take their votes back and vote for Hillary. Instead of an inspirational man who can “lift up all America,” what the campaign has revealed to us is a man —
* With a seriously flawed health care program that will leave 15 million Americans vulnerable to the predatory practices of the insurance industry.
* Who has alienated gay voters, practicing his allegiance to the anti-gay policies of the Louis Farrakhan and the Nation of Islam.
* Whose lofty speeches were nothing more than stolen phrases from Deval Patrick.
* Who spent 20 years being mentored by and in the church of an anti-white, anti-American black supremacist, Jeremiah Wright, and then lied about his connections to Wright. To this day, he has not repudiated Wright, the racist. He is still Obama’s friend: will we have a black supremacist sleeping in the Lincoln Bedroom? Are we willing to turn back the clock on 50 years of racial progress because Obama does not have the moral courage to do the right thing?
* Who has alienated one of our closest allies, Israel, and antagonized one of the Democratic Party’s most loyal groups, American Jews.
* Who has close ties — along with his wife, Michele — to Rezko, one of the biggest figures in Chicago organized crime.
* Who is willing to dump his pledge to accept public financing now that his bank account overflowing with Hollywood cash.
* Who sent one of his own people to talk to a Canadian prime minister to say that Obama’s views on NAFTA were “just for politics” and not to worry about substantive changes that would change the treaty.
* Who missed so many key votes while in the IL senate, even members of his own party were angry with him — key legislation failed because he “pushed the wrong button!!!”
* Who disparages the importance of money in elections, but then outspends his rivals by three to four times, using money as a weapon when his words and deeds cannot convince people to support him.
* Who is an elitist who is totally out of touch with middle America, white America, working America, gay America, poor America, Jewish America, Armed Forces america, health care provider America. . .
* Who has lied, lied, lied, and lied, all the time pretending to take the higher road.
The Republicans will take my list and expand it by 10, 20 times.
If Obama is our candidate, we will lose. McPain will be in the White House, our troops will be in Iraq for “100 years,” the rich will get more tax breaks, the environment will worsen, more of our civil rights will be sacrificed to the war on terror, the economy will finally go into a recession, more jobs will be lost, the poor will get poorer, more Americans will be without healthcare. . .and on and on.
There is too much at stake.
If necessary, we need a massive Democratic act of civil disobedience at the Democratic convention to persuade Superdelegates that only by voting for Hillary can we keep McPain and Catastrophe from paralyzing our Country.
Think about it. What are you prepared to do?